Cheshire Hollow Farm hosts a one-week morning summer camp program. This specialty camp offers animal science and earth science programming while providing one-on-one attention and instruction for campers. Activities will include hands-on experiences with farm animals, exploring pond life, nature hiking, craft activities, pool time, snack time, and more!
- Dates: July 6- 10, 2020, and August 10 - 14, 2020
- Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Ages: ages 6 and up
- Openings: maximum of six campers
- Cost: $300 per child. A $50 deposit is required to reserve a spot. The remaining balance is due the first day of camp.
Additional: Parents should supply their children with good walking shoes such as sneakers, sun block, a bathing suit, and a towel.
For further information, please contact Dawn at (203) 500-9288.
- Exploring Pond Life
- Understanding Farm Animals and their Needs
- Exploring the Woods, Hiking on Groomed Trails
- Indoor Barn Animals and Craft
- Comfy Movie Day with Baby Animals
On the first day, children will learn how to protect themselves from ticks by making an all natural, essential oil tick spray. This spray will be used daily and go home at the end of the week.
Children will learn fire safety and how to make a campfire. Children will also participate in a gardening activity.
Daily activities include a healthy snack and pool time. Mint and berries from the farm, as well as herbs and vegetables from the garden, will be introduced at snack time. Eggs will also be collected one day and offered the next day during snack time.
At least one craft will be going home.